CLEVELAND – The 2018 Great Big Home + Garden Show is taking place Feb. 2-11 at the Cleveland I-X Center, featuring more than 600 exhibits to help consumers renew, refresh and restore their homes. This 10-day show is a place to find new products, practical advice and deals for a variety of home improvement needs.
“The Great Big Home + Garden Show is back, bigger and better than ever for its ninth year,” says Show Manager Rosanna Hrabnicky. “This year’s show has exciting new features, a great lineup of home and garden celebrity appearances and continues to be the premier source for Northeast Ohio homeowners to find innovative products and get advice from industry experts.”
Visitors won’t want to miss the Song!-themed Garden Showcase - inspiring features including an off-the-grid cabin, tiny homes and elevated outdoor living spaces. In addition, visitors will have the opportunity to bid on mailboxes and nightstands designed by local celebrities and designers to benefit charity. Produced by Solon-based Marketplace Events, this year’s Great Big Home + Garden Show has something for everyone and will leave attendees inspired to get started on their next home and garden project.
New features and attractions at the 2018 show include:
• Whether envisioning a dream home with a rustic feel and all the modern luxuries or a space that’s completely off-the-grid, the Weaver Cabins have attendees covered. The first of two cabins built by Weaver Barns is a 2,100-square-foot, three-bedroom, two-and-a-half bath rustic cabin and the second, an approximately 600-square-foot off-the-grid cabin that offers a unique concept in utilizing solar power in the home. Sponsored by Sherwin-Williams, Cleveland Magazine and Ohio Magazine.
• The approximately 1,500-square-foot Xtend Technologies’ High-Tech Luxury Lower Level built by Pepperwood Homes will inspire visitors with ideas for their own indoor/outdoor entertainment and recreation areas.This living space will feature the latest in home automation from Xtend Technologies. Guests can experience live demonstrations in Xtend Technologies’ home theater. Sponsored by Sherwin-Williams, Cleveland Magazine and Ohio Magazine.
• Take outdoor living to new heights with the Elevated Outdoor Elegance feature.Thanks to new technology, visitors will be inspired to consider new patio design options suitable for any elevation at this feature built by Dan Guardo Contracting.
• Tiny Homes by Small Spaces CLE will allow visitors to experience first-hand why a luxury home doesn’t always mean thousands of square feet. Sponsored by Universal Windows Direct.
• Experience one of the biggest trends in camping – "glamping" – at this feature designed by Cabela’s and The Great Escape. No longer does camping have to mean “roughing it” and leaving the luxuries of home behind.
• The latest in design inspiration can be found at the Weavers Fine Furniture and Carter Lumber Design Center. Whether visitors are looking to transform their living room, kitchen, or bedroom, they will can find inspiration in the design center. Sponsored by WOIO-TV.
• DIY Inspiration: One Nightstand Challenge
When it comes to bedside tables, there’s no need for a long-term commitment. Six Cleveland designers were challenged to take a basic nightstand from bland to bold, using only $50. Attendees will get a chance to take these creations home by placing a bid on their favorite, with auction proceeds benefiting a local chapter of Habitat for Humanity.
• Visitors can stop by “U Got Mail” to vote for their favorite local celebrity-designed mailbox and bid on a chance to take one home. Proceeds to benefit Ronald McDonald House of Cleveland.
• Whether a recent new homeowner or in the market to build or renovate, guests will want to stop by the Home Builders Association Housing Resource Center located next to The Main Stage. They can bring their home photos, plans, or ideas and get expert advice from a professional.
Home improvement celebrities making appearances throughout the show include:
Appearance sponsored by Absolute Roofing and Construction Inc.
Clint Harp can be found regularly on HGTV’s hit show Fixer Upper as the dumpster diving, reclaimed wood loving carpenter. After quitting his sales job in 2011 to pursue his dream of building furniture and owning his own company, the last thing he expected was to be a nationally known carpenter featured on HGTV. Now, together with his wife Kelly and their 3 kids, the Harps spend each day pursuing their dream and blazing the new trail of owning their own company. Harp Design Co. provides furniture and home goods to customers all across the U.S. and abroad. Constantly adjusting to unexpected national exposure, the Harps work hard each day to grow as a family and a business whose core values are love, beauty, and creativity. Clint appears as a supporting role in Fixer Upper, helping his close friends and stars Chip and Joanna Gaines as they remodel in Waco, Texas. The show attracted more than 19 million viewers in its first season and is currently airing season five. Clint takes recycled and reclaimed wood, usually found pieces, and creates pieces meant to bring families together, which the Gaines incorporate into their final remodel and home designs. Up next, Clint will star on the DIY Network series Wood Work. Along with his wife, Kelly, and the team at Harp Design Co, Clint uses reclaimed lumber to build new furniture out of old wood for clients. Clint will be appearing Saturday, Feb. 10 and Sunday, Feb. 11. Learn more about him at harpdesignco.com.
Appearance sponsored by American Family Insurance
kiWW® is listed as one of the most powerful brands in the world by License Global Magazine. According to Fairchild Publications, Kathy Ireland is one of the 50 most influential people in fashion. Kathy has graced the cover of Forbes Magazine twice (2012, 2016). kiWW® is responsible for billions of dollars in retail sales and is the recipient of multiple awards including several Good Housekeeping Seals. Kathy and kiWW® support many non-profits including YWCA Greater Los Angeles for which she is an Ambassador, Dream Foundation, Providence Educational Foundation, 911 for Kids/AEF, and the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Kathy is an Ambassador for the Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation. Kathy will be appearing on the Main Stage Saturday, Feb. 3. Learn more at about her at kathyireland.com.
Appearance sponsored by ProVia
A show favorite, Matt Fox will be returning as this year’s Main Stage emcee, where he will delight show visitors with his quick wit, home improvement knowledge and special educational presentations. Fox is best known for creating and co-hosting the first and longest-running show to air on HGTV, Room by Room, as well as hosting and producing the public television series Around the House with Matt and Shari. Learn more from his website, mattandshari.com.
Returning favorites from 2017 will offer new products and designs to inspire. They include:
• The popular Garden Show case will feature Song!-themed gardens created by some of Northeast Ohio’s top landscapers. From Margaritaville to America, each garden will leave visitors whistling the tune of popular songs. Gardens are sponsored by WKYC-TV, WDOK-FM and WQAL-FM.
• The combined Main Stage and Loretta Paganini Cooking Stage will offer attendees home improvement celebrity appearances with the opportunity to taste and enjoy culinary delights in one convenient location. A state-of-the-art kitchen stage and vignette will be designed and built by the Home Builders Association for consumers to tour between stage presentations. The Main Stage is sponsored by 84 Lumber, WKYC-TV and the Home Builders Association.
• Show attendees can relax and enjoy fine dining among the beauty of the Garden Showcase in the I-X Bistro, a full-service, white tablecloth restaurant.
• The Club Cambria is back in the middle of the show floor this year. The space features OBERFIELDS products and is a good place to enjoy a glass of wine or a light snack.
• At The Petitti Gardening Stage, daily gardening seminars on landscape design, flora and furnishing outdoor rooms will be held by Northeast Ohio landscape experts. The Petitti Floral Mart will also feature numerous outdoor furniture sets and plants to purchase.
• Kids can have fun in Playground World’s KidZone, featuring a variety of safe, high-quality playground equipment and giveaways for parents.
• Children will learn how to use a hammer while constructing a small project of their choice and leave with their own orange workshop apron during the Home Depot Kids’ Workshops.
Key sponsors-to-date include:
Absolute Roofing and Construction Inc.
American Family Insurance
Discount Drug Mart
Leafguard by Beldon Home Solutions
Ohio State Waterproofing
Petitti Garden Centers
The Loretta Paganini School of Cooking
Universal Windows Direct
2018 Show Dates & Hours:
Friday, Feb. 2; 11:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 3; 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Sunday, Feb. 4; 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Mon - Fri, Feb. 5-9; 11:00 a.m. –9:00 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 10; 10:00 a.m. –9:00 p.m.
Sunday, Feb. 11; 10:00 a.m. –6:00 p.m.
Cleveland I-X Center
One I-X Center Drive
Cleveland, OH 44135
Tickets (Single tickets valid for one day of show):
$15 Box Office (Adult Admission)
$12 Online at www.greatbighomeandgarden.com or in-store at any Discount Drug Mart location (Adult Admission)
$11 Seniors 65+ with ID (Monday-Thursday only, tickets must be purchased at show box office)
$10 Group Tickets (Minimum 20)
$5 Children ages 6-12 years
FREE Children 5 and under
Sherwin-Williams Day sponsored by WDOK-FM – Friday, Feb. 2 – Visit any Sherwin-Williams store location to pick-upa free general admission ticket to the show for Friday, Feb. 2.
Heroes Days – Sunday, Feb. 4 and Sunday, Feb. 11 – Active and retired members of the military, as well as first responders, receive free admission to the show with valid ID.
Red Hat Society Days – Friday, Feb. 2 and Friday, Feb. 9. – Wear your red hat society attire on either of these days and purchase a discounted ticket for $10. 4 ticket maximum per red hat purchase.
Ohio Lottery Day sponsored by WQAL-FM – Thursday, Feb. 8 – Visitors bringing in a losing Ohio lottery ticket will receive $5 off admission at the Box Office.