DOWNERS GROVE, Ill. — All-America Selections announced two new melons as regional AAS Winners. Each of the following varieties was trialed throughout North America by professional, independent, volunteer judges who grew them next to comparisons that are considered best-in-class.
The two new AAS Winners for the 2019 garden season are:
- Melon Orange SilverWave F1 (Regional – Northeast and Southeast)
- Watermelon Cal Sweet Bush F1 (Regional – Great Lakes)
All previously announced AAS Winners are featured on the AAS website.
Links on each breeding company name lead to an email address for ordering seed for the 2019 garden season. Retailers and consumers will find these AAS Winners for sale as supply becomes available through the distribution chain.
Garden communicators are free to begin writing about these varieties now to build demand for 2019 and future years.
Each AAS Winner is marketed through an extensive Social Media and public relations campaign as well as traditional media and industry trade shows.
- A list of AAS trial judges are listed here.
- AAS Display gardens can be found here.
- Retailers can request a POP package from the AAS office.
- PowerPoint presentations are available on SlideShare or on the AAS website.
- Bench cards and variety markers can be downloaded from the AAS website
- Posters can be ordered from GardenCenterMarketing.com.
Photos courtesy of All-American Selections (from left to right: Melon Orange SilverWave F1 and Watermelon Cal Sweet Bush F1).