With demand for landscape business management education at an all-time high, the North Carolina Nursery & Landscape Association (NCNLA) is introducing a new local one-day intensive designed for landscape business owners and managers.
Partnering with the Carolina Green Industry Network (CGIN) and two of the country’s leading experts on landscape business profitability, NCNLA’s inaugural One-Day Profit Planning event will launch on November 6, 2017 in Charlotte, N.C.
One-Day Profit Planning includes proven, real-world business management solutions to improve profitability for landscape firms of all sizes. The one-day intensive will include interactive sessions on:
• Budgeting and Cost-Based Estimating – Overcoming the “guesstimate” to implement a budget and estimating system that captures direct costs, overhead and the profit margin you need to prosper. (Marcus vandeVliet – MV Enterprises)
• Defining and Sizing Your Team for Profit – Defining and exploring the roles and quantity of team members needed to make your business profitable. (Tim Smith – Ignite Business Strategies)
• Job Costing and Employee Accountability – Connecting your entire landscape project process, from estimating to sales to production, and establishing employee performance metrics for profitable delivery. (Marcus vandeVliet – MV Enterprises)
• Proactive Sales, The Cash Machine – Uncovering the predictable outputs and improved profits that leveraging a proven sales process can bring to your organization. (Tim Smith – Ignite Business Strategies)
“’Do more to make more’ is often the sentiment of landscape business owners that struggle with their bottom line,” said Corey Connors of NCNLA. “Both Marcus and Tim are expert at providing real solutions for improving margins within their clients’ current book of business. Simply put, their clients make more money doing the work they already do.”
Early bird registration for NCNLA’s One-Day Profit Planning will close on October 27th and includes:
• Access to Two Nationally Acclaimed Landscape Business Profitability Experts
• Four Interactive Sessions in a World-Class Conference Facility
• Four Continuing Education Credits*
• Networking Breakfast and Lunch
• BONUS: A Take-Home Cash Flow System that you can use immediately to chart your organization's dollars.
(* - see NCNLA.com for updated CEU information as sessions are approved)
Registration for One-Day Profit Planning is now open at ncnla.com. For any questions, please contact Hannah Singleton, NCNLA Manager of Professional Development, at (919) 816-9119 or by email at email@example.com
About the Experts:
Tim Smith – Ignite Business Strategies
For more than 15 years, industry veteran Tim Smith has translated his proven skills in business process, negotiation, business planning and operations management into coaching landscape businesses of all sizes to not only grow, but multiply results.
“Tim is one of the most intelligent minds I have ever come in contact with over my career. His passion for the green industry and life in general is contagious. Frankly, I don’t know where we would be today if we had not crossed paths.” – Art Miller, President - Carolina Creations
Marcus vandeVliet – MV Enterprises
Leveraging over 25 years of industry experience, including leadership of a $7 million high-end residential landscape construction company and management of a diverse $23 million landscape construction company, Marcus brings his real-world, action-oriented and proven approach to help boost landscape business prosperity and sustainability.
“Since hiring Marcus, our sales, estimating, scheduling, quality and profitability have all improved dramatically. This has allowed me to focus my energy going after large projects, which has resulted in our sales increasing 30 percent in one year.” – Chad Layman, Owner – Fine Earth LLC