In the month of August, visitors to Garden Center magazine's site displayed their interest in a broad range of topics, including new featured products, new developments among IGCs from across the country, industry-impacting legislation and much more.
Here's a short list of the most popular articles, news posts and multimedia posted on our site throughout August, ranked by total page views.
1. Plant products stolen from Indianapolis garden center - Thieves have targeted Cantrell's Lawn & Garden Center several times over the past three months.
2. 10 highlights and takeaways from the 2016 IGC Show Chicago - The trade show's 10th anniversary featured 500 exhibitors, keynotes and educational sessions.
3. Congress introduces bill to ease overtime rule - The bill proposes an incremental, not immediate increase in the threshold for exempt employees.
4. Zelenka Farms sold to LM Farms, LLC - LM Farms, LLC intends to develop products specifically for independent garden centers.
5. Parker Gardens in N.J. to close its doors - The Scotch Plains retailer held a liquidation auction on Aug. 27 after announcing plans to shut down.
6. [Sponsored Video] Retail Product Showcase: Hiawatha Evergreens - Known as an industry pioneer, Hiawatha was the first to create and nationally distribute beautiful, fresh, quality Christmas greens and decorator items, and continues to lead in innovation.
7. Border Concepts Inc. wins ECGC Award of Excellence for garden supply - The award recognizes the garden supplier with the most outstanding products and services of 2015.
8. Pike Nurseries to open new store in Charlotte, N.C. - The store will be one of 17 locations in the Georgia and North Carolina markets, and it is set to open the first week of October.
9. Cover Features: Where green is going - Professionals weigh in on the current and future state of green rooftops, and how it can apply to retail, landscaping and beyond.