Last month, visitors to Garden Center's site showed great interest in several topics featured in the magazine's February issue, including brand visibility, employee happiness, professional uniforms and state and local minimum wage laws, to name a few.
The introduction of the 2017 Editorial Advisory Board for Garden Center was also widely read, as well as other assorted industry news and announcements. Take a look at the most popular news posts on our site throughout February, as ranked by total page views:
2. 13 takeaways from TPIE 2017 - Highlights from this year's Tropical Plant Industry Exhibition, which took place Jan. 18-20 in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.
3. Top 9 Garden Center posts of January 2017 - Bankruptcy, popular products and store openings and closings were some of the most-read topics in January.
4. Straight Talk: What kind of message does your staff attire send? - Balance professionalism and respect for different body types when implementing and enforcing your dress code.
5. Balancing minimum wage laws and your spring budget - With minimum wages rising across the country, garden centers are navigating the issues of compensation and employee satisfaction during the spring season.
6. Frey Brothers merging with Coast of Maine Organic Products - Both soil manufacturing companies will be led by their existing management teams.
7. Keeping staff happy without the gimmicks - Game rooms and gift cards only go so far. Motivating employees comes down to good management and real opportunities.
8. Garden Center magazine introduces 2017 Advisory Board - The Advisory Board, comprised of IGC industry leaders, will help guide the direction of the magazine.
9. Horticultural Research Institute announces funded projects - HRI will provide $289,500 in 2017 to support 13 research projects that benefit the green industry.