In February, Garden Center readers were interested to read about new retail locations for Pike Nurseries and Gardener's Supply Company, as well as the acquisition of Green Leaf Nursery by Costa Farms. Other popular news topics of the month included the discontinuation of horticultural trade show New England Grows, our live coverage of the Great Big Home + Garden Show and the announcement of Dale Bachman's retirement as CEO of Bachman's.
We've gathered the nine most-read posts on gardencentermag.com from the month of February and listed them below, as ranked by total page views:
1. New England Grows discontinues operations - The 25-year-old organization will disband with the dissolution of the trade show.
2. Pike Nurseries launching new Atlanta-area store - The Milton, Ga., location will be the first opened by Pike Nurseries in the Atlanta market since 2007.
3. Costa Farms acquires Green Leaf Nursery - Based in Homestead, Fla., Green Leaf Nursery produces indoor foliage and tropical plants.
4. 8 habits of highly successful leaders - Instill these habits in your daily routine and set yourself up for success.
5. Gardener's Supply Co. details new location - The retailer's third store will occupy a 15-acre footprint, with a 10,000-square-foot main retail building.
6. Live from the Great Big Home + Garden Show - Garden Center staff talk with A.J. Petitti of Petitti Garden Centers at the Cleveland-based consumer expo.
7. Dale Bachman to retire as Bachman’s CEO - Bachman will step away from daily management responsibilities of the Minneapolis-based garden center in October, but will remain Chairman of the Board.
8. Valentine's Day spending trends from First Data - Most popular gift categories, average transaction values, regional differences and other insights.
9. Garden Center magazine announces 2018 Advisory Board - Insights from seven industry leaders will help guide the editorial direction of the magazine.
Photo taken at Gardener's Supply Co. by Oliver Parini.