With horticulture professionals gathering by the hundreds at Cultivate'17 in July, it's no surprise that Garden Center readers gravitated toward news and developments coming out of the annual trade show - but Cultivate wasn't the only show in town last month.
Readers and visitors to gardencentermag.com also took an interest in takeaways and photos from the 2017 Garden Centers of American Summer Tour, the strategies included in Garden Center's Grower-Retailer Report, news of a new Petitti Garden Centers location and other news.
Below, take a look at the nine most popular articles, videos and news stories posted in Garden Center's site in July 2017, as ranked by total page views:
1. The move toward marijuana: IGCs and the cannabis customer - Independent garden centers in states where recreational marijuana has been legalized share their experiences serving cannabis clientele.
2. Exploring the garden centers of Hampton Roads - The 2017 GCA Summer Tour took attendees to 10 independent retailers and other attractions throughout the historic region of Virginia.
3. 2018 Garden Trends announced at Cultivate’17 [video] - Suzi McCoy and Katie Dubow of Garden Media Group explain why the benefits of gardening on mental health and wellness is the major focus of the 2018 Garden Trends Report.
4. Working hard, working together - For Oregon-based grower-retailer Al’s Garden & Home, survival depends on keeping the connection between growing operations and retail stores healthy and cohesive.
5. Petitti Garden Centers planning new Canton, Ohio, store - A.J. Petitti, president of the Cleveland-area IGC, shares plans for the upcoming location, which is planned to open March 2018.
6. Cultivate'17 tour recap - Here's what you missed on the 2017 Plant Production and Nursery Research Learning tour.
7. Introducing The Hort Report - The new podcast by GIE Media’s Horticulture Group brings growers and retailers the latest news and commentary from the horticulture industry.
8. Garden Media Group to Unveil 2018 Garden Trends at Cultivate ‘17 - President Susan McCoy and Creative Director Katie Dubow will unveil the seven new trends at AmericanHort’s annual conference.
9. Winners of the Retailers' Choice Awards announced - Sixteen products from 14 different companies were recognized at Cultivate'17.
Photo courtesy of Native Roots Garden Center.