Top 100 Independent Garden Centers 2016
Each year, Garden Center magazine publishes a list of the Top 100 Independent Garden Centers in North America, ranked by reported annual sales volume. In 2016, the list was sponsored by Bloem and AmericanHort.
Fill out this form to be considered for our 2017 list.
In 2015, we dedicated the majority of the September Top 100 issue to telling the stories of 20 businesses on our list. We continued that tradition in 2016, with profiles of 20 different garden center businesses and their leaders from across the country and from No. 1 to No. 99.
Learn more about some of the Top 100 independent garden centers on our list:
- No. 1: Armstrong Garden Centers & Pike Nurseries
- No. 8: Oakland Nurseries
- No. 15: Alsip Home & Nursery
- No. 17: Ruibal's Plants of Texas
- No. 19: Sloat Garden Center
- No. 28: Esposito Garden Center
- No. 30: Gethsemane Garden Center
The Top 100, by the numbers: Statistics about the Top 100 Independent Garden Centers
Check out who made the list in previous years and see how our list has grown:
Read stories about garden centers featured in 2015:
- Calloway’s Nursery: Focusing on core strengths
- Sawyer Home & Garden Center: Creating a destination IGC
- Petitti Garden Centers: Putting retail first
- Weston Nurseries: Honing in on the consumer
- Condursos Garden Center: Big on space, big on service
- Mulhall’s: From garage to garden center
- Wannemaker’s Home and Garden: Emphasizing family and community
- Ray Wiegand’s Nursery: Closing the gardening gap
- Hillermann Nursery & Florist: A creative outlet
- Lukas Nursery & Garden Shop: Guiding the next generation
Sign up for our e-newsletters to be sure you don’t miss out on this and other industry news.
Thank you to our sponsors: