The International Association of Horticultural Producers (AIPH), in association with Union Fleurs, has released the 69th edition of the International Statistics – Flowers and Plants 2021.
The International Statistics Flowers and Plants Yearbook has the most comprehensive collection of production and trade data for the ornamental plants and flower industry. It is now available to purchase and instantly download from the AIPH’s Intelligence Centre.
This annual publication is invaluable to trade organizations, policymakers, marketers, producers, traders, libraries, and universities. In its 69th year, the contents are the result of extensive research and data compiled by the Centre for Business Management in Horticulture and Applied Research, Leibniz University Hanover, Germany.
The Statistics Yearbook provides production data for over 40 countries, detailed country breakdowns, product comparisons, market data and prices and global import and export data. This edition also features additional survey responses about the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The 2021 Yearbook is published as a pdf document and features 226 pages of illustrations, tables, diagrams and maps of key production data.
New data contained in the 2021 Statistics Yearbook includes:
- Online survey with results from 12 countries and the effects on production and trade of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- New figures for per capita consumption for Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Spain, the UK, Japan and the U.S.
- New figures on area and production and additional updated summary information for 38 countries
- Overview trade tables for import and export of cut flowers, live plants etc., cuttings and slips, bulbs and tubers and cut foliage
- Summary of sales and marketing of top-selling cut flowers and pot plants for wholesale markets.
- New trade tables with figures for the following countries: Kenya, Ecuador, Colombia, Ethiopia, Israel, Uganda, Thailand, Zambia, South Africa, Turkey, Tanzania.
- New external trade maps showing the most important producing countries of cut flowers and the most important exporters and importers of cut flowers.
Instant, secure purchasing
The 2021 Yearbook can be purchased online from AIPH (+ VAT if applicable).
For more information and to view sample pages, including the contents pages, visit www.aiph.org/giic/international-statistical-yearbook/.