Consumer care requirements: Like all Nonstop Begonias, Nonstop Joy Orange is very easy to care for. It should be planted in a hanging basket, patio pot or bed after all danger of frost is gone. Use a high-quality potting mix and water daily until established (about two weeks). After that, you should allow the soil to dry out slightly between waterings. If your soil mix has a built-in fertilizer, you can just fertilize once a month. If not, you should fertilize when planting, and then again every other week.
Habit: Mounded and well-branched
Height: 9 inches
Sun/shade requirements: Partial sun to shade is preferred. In areas where there is high heat and humidity, more shade is required.
How long has it been on the market? 1 year
Container combination ideas: Nonstop Joy Begonias look great with each other and they are stunning planted with some Euphorbia Snow Mountain. It’s such an easy combination and looks outstanding in Mother’s Day displays.
Retail merchandising/display suggestions: All of the Nonstop Joy colors look great in colored hanging baskets. Just match the basket color to the flower and watch them fly off your benches! You can also use blooms as cut flowers. When placed in a small bowl of water, the bloom colors can be quite dramatic on a summer table setting.Display tip: This begonia looks great in pots, colored hanging baskets and mixed containers
Explore the March 2022 Issue
Check out more from this issue and find you next story to read.
Latest from Garden Center
- SuperMoss reaches litigation agreement with Syndicate
- Farwest Show to celebrate 50th anniversary in 2023
- Taking Root Scholarship offered for 10th year
- Consumers plan to increase Valentine’s Day spending to nearly $26 billion
- Horticultural Research Institute launches second year of HRI Leadership Academy
- Proven Winners ColorChoice Oso Easy Urban Legend rose earns honors at AGRS trials
- Johnny’s Selected Seeds celebrates 50th anniversary
- Mt. Cuba Center releases new Carex report