Hazmat situation reported at South Carolina IGC

Hazmat situation reported at South Carolina IGC

Local fire crews reportedly removed dangerous phostoxin from Conway Feed & Garden in Conway, S.C.

September 17, 2018

From WBTW News 13:

Conway, S.C. (WBTW) - Crews responded to a hazmat situation at a garden center in Conway on Monday. 

A tweet from Conway Fire Department says crews are on the scene of a hazmat situation at Conway Feed and Garden on Main Street. 

A store worker told WBTW News13 that fire crews removed phostoxin from the store. The worker also said the pesticide is used to kill insects in grain and catches fire when it reacts with water. 

Read the rest of the original article here.

Garden Center magazine will update this story with additional details as they become available.