1) What is Tilly?
Tilly can act as a design extension of a garden center or manage a garden center’s overflow design work during the busy season. Tilly’s online landscape design services are available nationwide and in Canada, and offer an affordable design option for homeowners.
2) How can Tilly help independent garden centers increase their plant sales?
Outsourcing design allows garden centers to focus on the customer experience and sales, while having a reliable and reputable partner who has extensive experience in design and different climates across the country. Tilly’s garden center partners have also seen that when customers have a complete plan, their spending on plants will increase! Many garden center partners offer a discount for bringing in their Tilly plan when shopping to ensure they come back!
3) Who are Tilly designers?
The Tilly design team is composed of landscape architects and landscape designers across the country who specialize in specific zones. When a homeowner signs up for the service, they are matched with a designer who is familiar with their climate.
The company was co-founded by me, a landscape architect and principal of two design companies in the New York area. The launch of Tilly addresses my passion for bringing high-end design to more homeowners through Tilly’s affordable prices and remote format.
4) What is the typical cost of a Tilly design?
Tilly’s pricing scales with the size of a property up to 2 acres. A small front yard (up to ½ acre) starts at $375, a backyard at $525 and full yard at $775. Additional services, such as 3D renders, lighting and irrigation plans can be added based on the client’s budget and the level of assistance they want or need.
“I never imagined I’d be able to afford a professional design! The knowledge and creativity of my designer was beyond what I could have ever imagined myself for my space. I can’t wait to execute my design.” — Carrie, Tilly customer
5) What are customers saying about Tilly?
Tilly has brought landscape design to a whole new group of homeowners. 70% of Tilly’s clients say they would have designed their yard themselves or skipped the project entirely. Finding a cost-effective solution is exciting and rewarding for this group of homeowners. Beyond that, the majority of Tilly clients don’t know where they will purchase plants, making garden center partnerships mutually beneficial.
For more information: tillydesign.com/garden-centers
Explore the March 2022 Issue
Check out more from this issue and find you next story to read.
Latest from Garden Center
- SuperMoss reaches litigation agreement with Syndicate
- Farwest Show to celebrate 50th anniversary in 2023
- Taking Root Scholarship offered for 10th year
- Consumers plan to increase Valentine’s Day spending to nearly $26 billion
- Horticultural Research Institute launches second year of HRI Leadership Academy
- Proven Winners ColorChoice Oso Easy Urban Legend rose earns honors at AGRS trials
- Johnny’s Selected Seeds celebrates 50th anniversary
- Mt. Cuba Center releases new Carex report