Here’s a sampling of what you'll see and do at this year’s congress:
Sunday, August 9
- Welcome reception at The City Hall of Odense: Greet your garden center colleagues in Denmark’s third largest city.
Monday, August 10
- Tantes Have, Fredericia: Garden center specializing in customer counseling and rare plants.
- Bo Grønt Skæring, Aarhus: Modernized garden center offering a diverse product line.
- The Old Town Aarhus and Botanical Garden, Aarhus: World’s first open-air museum of 75 historical buildings and a 140-year-old botanical garden and greenhouse.
- PKM nursery, Stige: The largest grower in the country.
Tuesday, August 11
- Langeskov Planteskoke, Langeskov: Garden center that aims to inspire customers, order plants by color and size.
- The Museum of Hans Christian Andersen, Odense. Museum focusing on the life and work of the writer.
- Tour GASA Bog, Odense: International trading company with floral market expertise.
- Holbæk Planteskole, Holbæk: Diversified grower-retailer with wide plant variety offering.
- Skædderbakken, Olstykke: A family-run “Garden Centre of the Year” for three successive years.
- Plantorama Hillerød, Hillerød: The the largest IGC in Scandinavia and newest in the Plantorama chain.
- The Baroque Garden of Frederiksborg Castle, Frederiksborg: The largest Renaissance castle in Scandinavia.
- Gardenshop Hosterkob, Hosterkob: This IGC's plant offering includes 300 different rhododendrons, 300 roses, 400 shrubs and 400 to 500 tubers, and offers shipping through its web shop.
Thursday, August 13
- HaveOasen, Herning: A newly built IGC with a unique design that regularly hosts different events.
- Laubjergs Planteskole and Rose Garden, Ringkobing: An award-winning IGC and rose garden with more than 5,000 varieties.
- Jesper’s Planteskole, Holstebro: Grower-retailer that won "Best in Roses" twice for varieties and related products offered.
Friday, August 14
- Legoland, Billund: A fun visit to the original Legoland park.
- The Flower Festival, Odense: With more than 200,000 plants from local gardeners, this festival draws more than 250,000 domestic and international attendees annually.
- Banquet Valdemars Castle: A four-course menu with speeches, music and dance Tasinge in the South Funen Archipelago to finish up the Congress.
Explore the January 2015 Issue
Check out more from this issue and find you next story to read.
Latest from Garden Center
- SuperMoss reaches litigation agreement with Syndicate
- Farwest Show to celebrate 50th anniversary in 2023
- Taking Root Scholarship offered for 10th year
- Consumers plan to increase Valentine’s Day spending to nearly $26 billion
- Horticultural Research Institute launches second year of HRI Leadership Academy
- Proven Winners ColorChoice Oso Easy Urban Legend rose earns honors at AGRS trials
- Johnny’s Selected Seeds celebrates 50th anniversary
- Mt. Cuba Center releases new Carex report