Proven Winners is entering the pottery market by adding the full line of Michael Carr Designs Pottery, including the new AquaPots line of self-watering containers, to its brand family. Under this new partnership, which is effective immediately, all Michael Carr Designs Pottery will be branded as Michael Carr Designs by Proven Winners. All AquaPots will be branded as AquaPots by Proven Winners. Proven Winners will work with BFG Supply Co., the exclusive distributor of Michael Carr Designs Pottery and Michael Carr Designs to manage consumer marketing efforts for the line.
Michael Carr Designs is sold at local independent garden centers across the United States and Canada. In a variety of colors, soft raining finishes and different styles, the collection is handmade by the company’s craftsmen using tested techniques that gives each piece its own special character.
AquaPots is a new concept in self-watering containers created by Jack Barnwell, an award-winning landscape architect from Mackinac Island, Michigan. He also co-owns C3 Gardens, a landscape design firm in southern Florida which services large residential and hotel properties. Barnwell is an avid user of Michael Carr Designs Pottery who saw the need for the containers with the variety of properties he services across the country.
“Given Jack’s reputation as a nationally renowned landscape designer and Proven Winners’ worldwide reputation for quality and innovation, this partnership is the right fit,” Carr says.
Smaller AquaPots sized for consumer use are included in the Home Series, while larger AquaPots suitable for commercial use are sold under the Professional Series. Both series feature a variety of styles, sizes and colors which are updated annually. Customers who order full container from Vietnam will have a wider range of color options and can combine AquaPots with their standard pottery order to take advantage of discounts.
“Our companies have a lot in common – we both have a commitment to quality and to making gardeners more successful. I believe the progress Proven Winners has made in marketing and educating consumers on what makes their products exceptional is the key to our partnership. We have no doubt they will make more people aware of why Michael Carr Designs is so special in our industry,” Carr says.
AquaPots by Proven Winners key benefits include:
- The convenience of a self-watering pot with glazed ceramics.
- An overflow valve to ensure plants cannot be over watered.
- No unsightly plastic drip tubing, instead of needing to stay where plumbing is located.
- Elimination of fertilizer leaching and runoff.
- No water ring stains on the deck or porch.
- Watering frequency is decreased. Smaller AquaPots last at least a week between waterings; larger Professional Series pots last up to one month.
- Water savings with no waste. One quarter of the water is used with AquaPots vs. similar sized pots on drip irrigation.
- Saves labor. Plants have continuous access to fertilizer-infused water and require minimal watering.
- Frost and freeze resistant ceramic. Simply empty the pot and flip it upside down for winter (in northern gardens).
Proven Winners and Michael Carr Designs recently debuted AquaPots at the Cultivate’19 trade show and were honored to receive the Retailers’ Choice Award for new products sponsored by AmericanHort and The Garden Center Group.
Retailers are encouraged to pre-book both AquaPots and all Michael Carr Designs Pottery for Spring 2020 sales through BFG Supply Co.
For more information about Proven Winners, click here.