In November, Harlow Gardens ushered in a momentous 80-year milestone and celebrated with a bash full of merriment and smiles. The Tucson, Arizona-based garden center has provided many years of service to its community and the family-run business continues to flourish. Originally founded in 1939 as a landscape design firm, Harlow’s has also added a retail nursery and gift shop. With a business this booming, the Harlow family doesn’t show signs of slowing down any time soon.
“We’ve seen a lot of changes in landscape practices, both nationally and here in the Southwest,” Bill Harlow said in a press release. Bill owns Harlow Gardens with his twin brother, John M. Harlow Jr., and his son, John C. Harlow. “It’s been an honor to be a part of this industry and provide for our customers the best practices we’ve developed over the decades,” he said. Check out some of the photos from the 80th “birthday” party as Harlow’s celebrated its big day.
Explore the January 2020 Issue
Check out more from this issue and find you next story to read.
Latest from Garden Center
- SuperMoss reaches litigation agreement with Syndicate
- Farwest Show to celebrate 50th anniversary in 2023
- Taking Root Scholarship offered for 10th year
- Consumers plan to increase Valentine’s Day spending to nearly $26 billion
- Horticultural Research Institute launches second year of HRI Leadership Academy
- Proven Winners ColorChoice Oso Easy Urban Legend rose earns honors at AGRS trials
- Johnny’s Selected Seeds celebrates 50th anniversary
- Mt. Cuba Center releases new Carex report