Just like the west, respondents in the South reported a solid 2016, with 63% reporting higher sales in 2016 compared to 2015, the second highest percentage of the survey. Sales of perennials, trees and shrubs are up, according to respondents in this region, and fountains and statuary, a struggling department for other regions, are selling. More respondents indicated that edibles/grow-your-own and container gardening are the hottest trends when compared with other trend categories. Most in the South reported an early, hot summer as the biggest external factor that impacted sales.
Explore the November 2016 Issue
Check out more from this issue and find you next story to read.
Latest from Garden Center
- SuperMoss reaches litigation agreement with Syndicate
- Farwest Show to celebrate 50th anniversary in 2023
- Taking Root Scholarship offered for 10th year
- Consumers plan to increase Valentine’s Day spending to nearly $26 billion
- Horticultural Research Institute launches second year of HRI Leadership Academy
- Proven Winners ColorChoice Oso Easy Urban Legend rose earns honors at AGRS trials
- Johnny’s Selected Seeds celebrates 50th anniversary
- Mt. Cuba Center releases new Carex report