For the vast majority of responding garden centers, 2015 was a good year to be selling succulents and cacti, according to this year’s State of the Industry Report. Out of 340 businesses surveyed, 281 respondents said their IGC carries a succulents/cacti category. Of this group, only 4% (10 businesses) said the category declined in sales in 2015, with 56% (156 businesses) reporting increased sales and 41% (115 businesses) saying their succulent/cacti sales remained the same.
Source: 2016 Garden Center magazine State of the Industry Study, conducted by Readex Research in September 2016.
Explore the November 2016 Issue
Check out more from this issue and find you next story to read.
Latest from Garden Center
- SuperMoss reaches litigation agreement with Syndicate
- Farwest Show to celebrate 50th anniversary in 2023
- Taking Root Scholarship offered for 10th year
- Consumers plan to increase Valentine’s Day spending to nearly $26 billion
- Horticultural Research Institute launches second year of HRI Leadership Academy
- Proven Winners ColorChoice Oso Easy Urban Legend rose earns honors at AGRS trials
- Johnny’s Selected Seeds celebrates 50th anniversary
- Mt. Cuba Center releases new Carex report