As IGCs and other small businesses forge into 2021, many are reporting record numbers of job openings, which retailers are finding difficult to fill.
According to the National Federation of Independent Business' (NFIB) latest jobs report released on Dec. 3, an uncertain economy is presenting a slew of hiring challenges.
“Small businesses are doing their best to end the year on a good note, but the economic recovery remains uneven with some industries near full recovery and others still struggling,” said NFIB Chief Economist Bill Dunkelberg in the report. “Finding qualified workers for open positions has only gotten worse as the pandemic caused an even tighter labor market. A surge in the labor force participation rate would be welcome news to small employers.”
We gathered some of the key findings from the report examining the month of November.
Explore the February 2021 Issue
Check out more from this issue and find you next story to read.
Latest from Garden Center
- Webinar: Creating Integrated Customer Experiences
- Petitti Family of Farms debuts at MANTS
- Monrovia introduces three new rose series for 2023
- 2023 TPIE Cool Products Awards announced
- NGB offers expanded marketing tools for each “Year of the” crop
- AmericanHort seeking nominations for Board of Directors
- Top 100 Submission Received
- Deadline approaching for AmericanHort HortScholar applications