KANSAS CITY, Mo. – DCA Outdoor, based in Kansas City, has acquired Brehob Nursery, Inc., an Indiana-based wholesale nursery and landscape distributor. The acquisition brings eight brands under the DCA umbrella. DCA Outdoor’s
family of brands connect the agricultural, nursery stock production,
landscape distribution, agritourism and transportation industries. The
company's mission is to create a family of green industry companies
that provide unparalleled production and vertical integration.
On Dec. 1, DCA Outdoor announced its acquisition of Brehob Nursery, Inc., a wholesale nursery and landscape distributor serving professional landscape companies and garden centers in Indianapolis and the surrounding areas.
This acquisition doubles its sales and distribution capacity, and allows DCA Outdoor to extend the reach of its distribution network to a third major metropolitan area.
“DCA Outdoor represents the culmination of years of hard work, an eye for aligning production and distribution, and dedication to the industry," said Tory Schwope, president and founder of DCA Outdoor. With the addition of Brehob, we anticipate continued success in 2017 and beyond. Brehob brings more than 45 years of experience and tradition to our company and is known from coast to coast as a leader in providing the highest quality products to Indianapolis landscape contractors. We are honored to have Brehob join the DCA Outdoor family.”
“We are excited to see our nursery join the family of companies that Tory Schwope has assembled,” said John Brehob, owner of Brehob Nursery. “We are confident he will continue the tradition of exceptional quality and service that has been the hallmark of our family and employees.”
In addition to Brehob, companies under the DCA Outdoor umbrella include:
- Anna Evergreen
- Colonial Gardens
- KAT Wholesale Outdoor
-Schwope Brothers Tree Farms
To learn more about DCA Outdoor and Brehob, visit www.dcaoutdoor.com.
Latest from Garden Center
- Taking Root Scholarship offered for tenth year
- Consumers plan to increase Valentine’s Day spending to nearly $26 billion
- Horticultural Research Institute launches second year of HRI Leadership Academy
- Proven Winners ColorChoice Oso Easy Urban Legend rose earns honors at AGRS trials
- Johnny’s Selected Seeds celebrates 50th anniversary
- Mt. Cuba Center releases new Carex report
- National Wildlife Federation announces Shubber Ali as Garden for Wildlife, Inc. CEO
- Webinar: Creating Integrated Customer Experiences