Take a tour of Nashville garden centers

Have a look around the shops that were on this year's Garden Centers of America Summer Tour.


Stop #1: Moore & Moore Garden Center

Nashville, Tennessee

Founded in 1980, Moore & Moore Garden Center brings in $2.5 million in annual sales. With 80% of revenue coming from retail, the remaining 20% comes from the company’s landscape design division. Their creative displays are surrounded by the company’s tagline: Cultivating Lifestyles.


Stop #2: Yarrow Acres

Franklin, Tennessee

This downtown garden center sells a wide range of houseplants and garden-themed gifts. Each and every item in the store is personally selected by founder Sheri Gramer. The store has even been in Southern Living magazine.



Stop #3: Bates Nursery & Garden Center

Nashville, Tennessee

From groundcovers to large container trees, Bates Nursery & Garden Center has a wide selection of plant material that can also be found on their website. The garden center also has its own line of soils and amendments that are processed and bagged right on site.



Stop #1: JVI Secret Gardens

Nashville, Tennessee

Water features abound at JVI Secret Gardens, where employees refresh displays every other week. They also offer a full-service landscape installation, maintenance, design, mulching and shrub removal.The family-owned business is heavily involved in the community, donating seeds and plants.


Stop #2: Creekside Garden Center & Landscaping

Nashville, Tennessee


Stop #3: Gardens of Babylon

Nashville, Tennessee

This 30,800 square-foot garden center carries 26% indoor and tropical plants and specializes in custom containers, rooftop gardens, living walls and other interior gardens. The store's signature hot pink can be seen throughout the store, which has an eclectic vibe. The store even hosts yoga to try to bring in a younger clientele.


Stop #4: Hewitt Garden & Design Center

Franklin, Tennessee

The 10-acre property at Hewitt specializes in rose, unique pottery and unusual home decor. The store has the largest selection of houseplants, cacti and succulents in the state and 12 greenhouses for annual and perennial production. Plus, there are 3.5 acres of trees,



Stop #1: Martin's Home & Garden

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Martin's works closely with growers to find whatever its customers needs. The store carries 70% green goods, but it also has a newly renovated gift and farmers market known as The Market. Founded in 1982, it does $3.5 million in annual sales.


Stop #2: Optimara/Holtkamp Greenhouses

Nashville, Tennessee

The largest grower of African violets in the world, Holtkamp Greenhouses is also known for its plant care products. Founded in 1904 in Germany, the US facility opened in 1977 and continues to innovate new varieties.



Stop #3: Long Hollow Gardens & Vineyards

Gallatin, Tennessee

Long Hollow recently transitioned to an event center with a restored 1800s farmhouse. Sitting on 35 acres, it was founded in 1974 and includes a vineyard.

Share This Content