In this issue, we shared impressions from a recent visit to Colonial Gardens in Blue Springs, Mo., as well as an in-depth look at how the retailer is reinventing the garden center model with an focus on experiences, live entertainment, local food, agritourism and more.
We also compile the latest trends in bagged compost, examine the growing relevance of the Hispanic consumer demographic, explore the many sights and sounds of the 2018 California Spring Trials, share ideas to promote fall edibles and check in with retailers around the country about their spring seasons.
Photo by Adam Caselman.
Latest from Garden Center
- Taking Root Scholarship offered for tenth year
- Consumers plan to increase Valentine’s Day spending to nearly $26 billion
- Horticultural Research Institute launches second year of HRI Leadership Academy
- Proven Winners ColorChoice Oso Easy Urban Legend rose earns honors at AGRS trials
- Johnny’s Selected Seeds celebrates 50th anniversary
- Mt. Cuba Center releases new Carex report
- National Wildlife Federation announces Shubber Ali as Garden for Wildlife, Inc. CEO
- Webinar: Creating Integrated Customer Experiences