According to the Indianapolis Business Journal, Pat Sullivan, owner of three Sullivan Hardware & Garden stores in central Indiana, purchased the Allisonville Garden & Home in Fishers last week for $5 million with plans to expand its indoor footprint and retail offerings. Sullivan’s Hardware & Garden is a 2019 Top 100 IGC.
After more than 40 years as the nursery’s founder and owner, Jeff Gatewood, 65, decided last fall to retire and put his 5-acre business at 11405 Allisonville Road up for sale. Following the transaction, the business is called Allisonville Garden & Home by Sullivan.
As Gatewood plots a move to the country and perhaps running a Christmas tree farm, Sullivan is gearing up to make significant changes without straying from the nursery’s core offerings.
Latest from Garden Center
- Taking Root Scholarship offered for tenth year
- Consumers plan to increase Valentine’s Day spending to nearly $26 billion
- Horticultural Research Institute launches second year of HRI Leadership Academy
- Proven Winners ColorChoice Oso Easy Urban Legend rose earns honors at AGRS trials
- Johnny’s Selected Seeds celebrates 50th anniversary
- Mt. Cuba Center releases new Carex report
- National Wildlife Federation announces Shubber Ali as Garden for Wildlife, Inc. CEO
- Webinar: Creating Integrated Customer Experiences