TLC Garden Centers recently wrapped up its 3rd annual “Plant it Pink” event, which raised $64,288.71 for the Stephenson Cancer Center at OU Health.
Since 2020, TLC Garden Centers has donated a total of $123,029.71 for Stephenson’s work as Oklahoma’s only National Cancer Institute-Designated Cancer Center. “Plant it Pink” has become a tradition at TLC, held during breast cancer awareness month. On that day, TLC donates 100% of retail sales at both locations.
“We are thrilled to support breast cancer research in Oklahoma and we’re thankful for our loyal customers who supported our efforts during “Plant it Pink” day, said Frank McDonald, president of TLC Garden Centers.
Breast cancer hit close to home for the TLC Garden Centers family in 2018 when Katie Keyser, whose husband was a TLC employee, was diagnosed with the disease.
“TLC rallied behind us in a huge way,” Keyser said.
Keyser, who now works as the Manager of Volunteer Services for the Stephenson Cancer Center, says the funds donated by TLC Garden Centers will be used by Stephenson Cancer Center scientists to further cancer research in Oklahoma.
The $64,288.71 check was officially presented to doctor and patient representatives from Stephenson Cancer Center on Monday, Nov. 14 at TLC Garden Center’s 105 W. Memorial Road location.
For more information, visit TLCGarden.com
Check presentation: https://vimeo.com/771746307
Latest from Garden Center
- Taking Root Scholarship offered for tenth year
- Consumers plan to increase Valentine’s Day spending to nearly $26 billion
- Horticultural Research Institute launches second year of HRI Leadership Academy
- Proven Winners ColorChoice Oso Easy Urban Legend rose earns honors at AGRS trials
- Johnny’s Selected Seeds celebrates 50th anniversary
- Mt. Cuba Center releases new Carex report
- National Wildlife Federation announces Shubber Ali as Garden for Wildlife, Inc. CEO
- Webinar: Creating Integrated Customer Experiences