Top 100 Independent Garden Centers 2019
Each year, Garden Center magazine publishes a list of the Top 100 Independent Garden Centers in North America, ranked by reported annual retail sales volume.
Thank you to the 2019 sponsor, Rapid Garden POS, for making this program possible and for sponsoring the Top 100 list. Watch for the 2019 list in December issue of Garden Center.
In 2015, we dedicated the majority of the September Top 100 issue to telling the stories of some of the businesses on our list. We continued that tradition in 2016, 2017 and now in 2018, with profiles of 17 different garden center businesses and their leaders from across the country and from No. 1 to No.100.
Find out what sets some of the independent garden centers on the 2018 Top 100 list apart from the competition:
- No. 7: Stauffers of Kissel Hill
- No. 10: English Gardens
- No. 15: Homestead Gardens
- No. 19: Molbak's Garden + Home
- No. 23: American Plant
- No. 26: Portland Nursery
Fill out this form to be considered for our 2019 list.
Check out who made the list in previous years and see how our list has grown:
Learn more about some of the Top 100 independent garden centers on our 2017 list:
- No. 54: Hillermann Nursery & Florist
- No. 2: Stein's Garden & Home
- No. 6: Sheridan Nurseries
- No. 15: Roger's Gardens
- No. 50: Sam Bridge Nursery & Greenhouses
- No. 58: Nunan Florist & Greenhouses
Read stories about some of the garden centers featured in 2016:
- No. 1: Armstrong Garden Centers & Pike Nurseries
- No. 8: Oakland Nurseries
- No. 15: Alsip Home & Nursery
- No. 17: Ruibal's Plants of Texas
- No. 19: Sloat Garden Center
- No. 28: Esposito Garden Center
- No. 30: Gethsemane Garden Center
Read stories about some of the garden centers featured in 2015:
- Calloway’s Nursery: Focusing on core strengths
- Sawyer Home & Garden Center: Creating a destination IGC
- Petitti Garden Centers: Putting retail first
- Weston Nurseries: Honing in on the consumer
- Condursos Garden Center: Big on space, big on service
- Mulhall’s: From garage to garden center
- Wannemaker’s Home and Garden: Emphasizing family and community
- Ray Wiegand’s Nursery: Closing the gardening gap
- Hillermann Nursery & Florist: A creative outlet
- Lukas Nursery & Garden Shop: Guiding the next generation
Sign up for our e-newsletters to be sure you don’t miss out on this and other industry news.
Thank you to our sponsor: