Independent garden centers in this region reported an early, hot summer as their biggest challenge, although they had an interesting spring, too. Spring arrived early in March, but then came to a grinding halt in early May when retailers experienced snow in some areas. More Midwestern retailers reported that they offered landscape installation/design and maintenance services than any other region. The hottest trends reported were fairy gardening and container gardening. Retailers indicated that bread-and-butter items like annuals sold well in 2016.
Explore the November 2016 Issue
Check out more from this issue and find you next story to read.
Latest from Garden Center
- SuperMoss reaches litigation agreement with Syndicate
- Farwest Show to celebrate 50th anniversary in 2023
- Taking Root Scholarship offered for 10th year
- Consumers plan to increase Valentine’s Day spending to nearly $26 billion
- Horticultural Research Institute launches second year of HRI Leadership Academy
- Proven Winners ColorChoice Oso Easy Urban Legend rose earns honors at AGRS trials
- Johnny’s Selected Seeds celebrates 50th anniversary
- Mt. Cuba Center releases new Carex report